Error 80070057 occurs when watching a video or redeeming a prepaid code on Xbox 360
Error 80070057 occurs either of the following scenarios.
You see the following error code when you try to watch a video on your Xbox 360 console:
Status Code: 80070057
This means one of the following:
- The video file is corrupted.
- The video file format is not supported by Xbox 360 & Error 80070057 occurs.
You see the following error code and message when you try to redeem a prepaid code on Xbox Live:
Cannot enter prepaid code
Status Code: 80070057
This means that you didn’t fill in all your account information before you tried to redeem the code.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Skip the affected section
You may be able to use the chapter skip button to skip the affected section or sections in the file. For more information about how to use playback controls, see Play DVDs on your Xbox 360 console.
If you still experience the problem, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Download the content again
If you originally downloaded the video, you may need to redownload it. For information about redownloading video content, see How to redownload previously downloaded or purchased content to your Xbox 360.
If you still experience the problem after trying these solutions, contact Xbox Support with Error 80070057 occurs.
Solution 1: Check the Xbox Live service status
If you see any alerts here, wait until the service is up and running and try again:
Solution 2: Check your billing and account information
Fill in any missing account information and then try to redeem the code again. Here’s how:
- Go to My Account.
- Under My Account, click Payment & Billing.
- Click Manage payment options.
- If prompted, sign in using your Microsoft account credentials.
- Check the information associated with your payment options. Fill in any missing information.
- Return to My Account.
- Under Payment & Billing, click Billing Info. Fill in any missing information, and then click Save.
- Try to redeem your prepaid code again.
If you keep experiencing the problem after trying these solutions, contact Xbox Support.