Unable to Send and Receive server error 3219
Windows Live Mail is a simple email application offered by Microsoft for internal as well as external communications. It provides great convenience to users for managing their day-to-day tasks as well. But no application is entirely stable; errors always keep coming to such desktop-based apps. And Windows Live Mail is not different from other apps in case of errors.
Many users have reported that they face multiple errors while operating Windows Live Mail. In this article, we have taken out the common errors encountered by users in Windows Live Mail with an effective solution to solve them.
Unable to send and receive, server error 3219: Fix
- Go to account tab
- Click email account
- Enter your e-mail address, password, and display name.
- Check Manually Configure Server Settings
- Select IMAP under Incoming Server Information.
- Type mail.outlook.com in the Server Address field and type 993 in port
- Check Requires a secure connection SSL
- Locate Outgoing Server Information.
- Here, type mail.outlook.com as a server address and in port type 587
- Check Requires a secure connection SSL and Requires Authentication
- Click Next.