How to Create a Microsoft Windows Live Account?
A Microsoft account is what you use to access many Microsoft devices and services. It’s the account that you use to sign in to Skype, Outlook.com, OneDrive, To use these services you need to sign up for a Windows Live Account. Follow these steps to create a Windows Live Account.
- Go to the Create your Windows Live Account.
- Fill in the form fields:
All information is required.
- Email address- Choose an email address that you are using: to create a Windows Live email address.
- Windows Live Id (username). It will also be used when you forget your password to send reset password instructions.
- Create a password with a minimum of 6 characters mixing letters, numbers and mixing upper and lower case letters.
- Retype your password.
- Phone number.
This phone number is used when you need to reset your password. A text or automated message will be sent to this number providing a code you need to reset your password.
- Fill your first and last name in the next 2 fields.
- Select your country from the dropdown list of countries provided.
- Type in your postal/zip code in the next box.
- Select your gender.
- Birthdate: Select the date you were born, month and year.
- Fill in the captcha shown.
- Decide if you want to be put on their mailing list or not.
The box is checked by default. Uncheck it by left clicking in the box to undo the check if you do not want to be put on the mailing list.
A new tab/window opens when you click each of these.
- Left click the I agree button at the bottom of the page to proceed.
Screen changes to verify your email screen.
- As explained on the verify your email screen, the email you used to sign up for Windows Live Id will be sent an email to verify you have indeed signed up.
- This email will arrive within moments. You need to click the link in the confirmation email to verify you have signed up for Windows Live ID.
- Click on the email verification link, after confirming, It opens your default browser to the Welcome to Windows Live screen.